We are happy to announce that we are introducing our new author ID verification process backed by one of the world's leading end to end ID verification solutions, Jumio.
Why do I have to verify my identity?
As a professional marketplace it's critical for us to confirm the identities of our authors. This provides a trusted environment for our customers and authors to conduct business, and maintain the success of our community.
As a new author, you will be required to verify your identity when you attempt to submit your first audio item to AudioJungle. New audio authors will be unable to earn from AudioJungle until you are able to provide verifiable information about your identity.
Is my information secure?
The security of your information is our #1 priority. We use multiple safeguards (technical, procedural and physical) to ensure the safety and integrity of your data.
Our new Author ID verification process is backed by one of the world's leading end to end ID verification solutions, Jumio. As a PCI Level 1 compliant company, Jumio regularly conducts security audits, vulnerability scans and penetration tests to ensure compliance with security best practices and standards. All data is transmitted using secure transport with strong cipher suites and stored encrypted using AES256.
How do I verify my ID?
1. Log in to Envato Verify
If you are required to verify your identity with Envato, you will be sent instructions to enable you to log in to Envato Verify.
2. Select Country & ID type
Have your ID ready. Select your country (the one associated with your ID) and then choose the corresponding ID type.
3. Scan the front & back of your ID
Hold your document up to your webcam, center it in the viewing window and click "Take snapshot" when the document is fully legible. Be sure there isn’t any glare on plastic cards.
Make sure your snapshot is fully legible in the window to the right. If fully legible, click "Continue". If not, click "Take another snapshot" to try again. An ID that is illegible will be rejected and you will be required to complete this step again.
4. Take a photo of your face
Look straight into your webcam and ensure your face is fully centered. When you're ready, click "Take snapshot".
Check your photo in the right window and if your face is fully visible, click "Finish & start verification". If not, click "Take another snapshot" to try again.
Make sure your photo is clear, follow these tips to avoid errors:
- Color images only: your photo must show a full, readable, color image of your document -- black & white photos or copies are not acceptable
- Images of the physical document only: photos of screens or other photos will be rejected
- All information on the document should be easy to read. Common issues with legibility are:
- Glare obstructing information
- Not enough light/too dark
- Too far away
- Watermark over the image
- Digitally or physically hiding or cropping information on the document
5. Wait for your verification to process
Once you’ve finished, your information will be uploaded into the system and then processed. Hold tight while it’s being analyzed and make sure not to close your browser. These 2 steps may take a few minutes. You’re free to continue working in other tabs or apps.
6. Verification Process Completed!
Thanks! We'll email you when your document is verified or if any further steps are required.
Once verified, you'll be able to operate as an Envato author and begin earning on AudioJungle.
Guidelines for completing your ID check
Important things to note:
- You must complete the ID check in one session, within 15 minutes from the time you start the check, otherwise, it will expire.
- You must start the ID check within 4 days of it being sent, otherwise, it will expire.
- You can complete the check on a desktop/laptop or on a mobile device. Ensure you use a compatible device/browser.
- The name on your Envato account must exactly match the name on your ID document.
For your ID document, please ensure that:
- You are selecting the correct ID type for the ID document you are providing as this will determine the number of photos to be uploaded (e.g. a passport will only require 1 photo of the details page; a driver’s license will require 1 photo of the front and 1 of the back).
- You do not obscure any part of the document (e.g. masking details, poorly framed).
- You provide an ID document that is supported for your country (e.g. passport, driver’s license, national ID card).
- The photo is clear (e.g. not blurry, too dark, too light).
- The photo is of the original document (i.e. no photocopies/scans).
- The document has an expiry date of less than 1 year.
- The document has Latin characters.
For your selfie, please ensure that:
- The photo is of you and taken live.
- You look straight into the camera.
- The lighting conditions are correct (e.g. not too dark, too bright, reflections on face).
- Your face is aligned with the oval.
What devices can I use to complete my check?
PC/Laptop (all current versions)
- Microsoft Edge
- iOS - Apple Safari
- Android - Google Chrome and Samsung Internet
Please note: For more information on how to complete the check on mobile devices please see our help center article here.
What document types can be used for verification?
- Your ID must be government-issued and must include your photo
- ID types we do not accept are:
- Temporary (paper) IDs
- School IDs
- Bank cards
- Insurance cards
- Employee IDs
- Latin characters only: Other scripts, such as Cyrillic, Arabic, and Urdu, may cause an error
Acceptable IDs by country
A list of acceptable document types will be presented after the country is selected. If your ID type or country is not available for selection, you will not be able to complete ID verification and may contact support for further assistance.
If you have been asked to verify your identity and you require further assistance, you can raise a support request here.
What are Jumio’s Corporate Details?
Jumio Corporation is located at 395 Page Mill Rd, Suite 150, Palo Alto, California 94306, USA. Their website is www.jumio.com