Summary: This article outlines how HubSpot CMS Hub themes need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
Please note: There are three parts to preparing your item to sell on Envato. This process includes the item preparation and technical requirements for certain items (as shown below). Make sure to also review our overall Quality Requirements and Technical Requirements as well as Legal Requirements to cover all the bases and get through review!
- The ZIP file must include written documentation and a zip file containing the main theme.
- The item description must list and link to any non-standard or 3rd party fonts and assets used in your theme.
- Refer to the ThemeForest General File Preparation Guidelines for additional info.
- Make sure to follow these important guidelines on item titles, descriptions, and tags.
- All themes must adhere to HubSpot Marketplace Requirements with no exception.
- The HubSpot logo must not be used in your item, item description page, documentation or live preview site. Instead just use the word “HubSpot” in plain text.
- Showcase other sample pages that highlight different combinations of included layouts and modules, that makes sense for your theme & target audience
- Include and showcase marketing-oriented modules, templates and sample pages as well (Landing Pages, Lead Capture, Offers / Call to Actions, Sales/Squeeze Pages, Popups, etc)
- All page templates must be showcased in live preview
- All modules must be showcased in live preview
- All system page templates must be showcased in live preview
- Every item in ThemeForest requires a basic documentation file to help customers use your item.
- The documentation must be written in English with basic information about how to use or customize the template. The documentation can be either a PDF or HTML.
- The file structure of your template must be documented, preferably with screenshots and descriptions.
- All necessary credits & resource URLs must be included, e.g. for any 3rd party fonts, images, etc used in the template and/or item preview.
Item Description Requirements
- Make sure to list out all of the included page templates and modules in the item description.
- Recommend some online documentation for the theme, linked to in the item description and live preview