Summary: This article outlines how Figma Template items need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type. Figma is a user interface design tool that allows real-time-collaboration.
Please note: There are three parts to preparing your item to sell on Envato. This process includes the item preparation and technical requirements for certain items (as shown below). Make sure to also review our overall Quality Requirements, Technical Requirements and Legal Requirements to cover all the bases and get through review!
- The ZIP must include at least one Figma file (.fig).
- The item preview must include a minimum of 6 screenshots of your item to effectively showcase your template.
- The item description must list and link to any non-standard or 3rd party fonts and assets used in your template.
- The item must include written documentation to help users understand the layout and design.
- Refer to the ThemeForest General File Preparation Guidelines for additional info.
- Make sure to follow these guidelines on item titles, descriptions, and tags
- When creating a new template make sure the width of the Frame is set to a preset device or use the industry standard 1440px wide layout. For mobile layouts select the preset of your choice.
- It's also advisable to use Grids to quickly align objects to the layout (12 column grid with 30px of gutter).
- The item must not rely on any third-party plugin in order to function fully & properly.
- Use Pages to separate different screens and frames for different variations such as responsive design, portrait/landscape screens, etc. Since Figma files are lightweight the entire design must be stored in a single file.
- All text must be editable.
- Make sure all images are properly licensed for commercial use.
- It is recommended to use Assets for all reusable components like Buttons, Cards, etc.
- Use Text Styles for headlines and any other repeating text types (paragraphs, links, etc.).
- All basic shapes must be editable.
- All Frame pages and symbols must be clearly and logically labelled (related elements should be grouped into symbols, such as buttons, links, etc.).
- All layers and/or group must be clearly and logically labeled.
- There should be at least one dedicated assets page so that users can quickly and easily edit the assets used throughout the Figma file in a centralized place.
- Every item in ThemeForest requires a basic documentation file to help customers use your item.
- The documentation must be written in English with basic information about how to use or customize the template and formatted as PDF or HTML.
- The file structure of your template must be documented, preferably with screenshots and descriptions.
- All necessary credits & resource URLs must be included, e.g. for any 3rd party fonts, images, etc used in the template and/or item preview.