Summary: This article outlines how VirtueMart Template items need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
Please note: There are three parts to preparing your item to sell on Envato. This process includes the item preparation and technical requirements for certain items (as shown below). Make sure to also review our overall Quality Requirements and Technical Requirements as well as Legal Requirements to cover all the bases and get through review!
- VirtueMart version 2.0.12 or newer will be accepted.
- VirtueMart 2.0.12 is compatible with the following versions of Joomla:
- Joomla 2.5
- Joomla 1.7
- Joomla 1.5.x
- Follow the VirtueMart hints for designing your own templates found here.
- jQuery must not be loaded more than once as noted here.
- There should be no PHP errors, notices, warnings or short tags.
- Templates must work properly with digital and physical goods as well as product packs or bundles.
- Styling must work on configurable, discounted, and out-of-stock items.
- Styling must work on currencies which usually have high numbers (e.g. $200US = 16236.00Yen).
- Template must handle large descriptions and images without breaking the design.
- Breadcrumbs must function properly with hierarchies at least three levels deep.
- Some VirtueMart core files have inline HTML and CSS. No additional inline HTML and CSS is permitted.
- The VirtueMart coding standards can be found here. Review that document before submitting your template to ensure your code meets the standards that are listed in the documentation.
- You must provide sufficient documentation to help customers with installation and setup.
- The full installation process of the theme must be documented.
- All required plugins must be documented in your item’s description and document file.
- Custom features falling outside VirtueMart’s core functionality must be clearly documented.
- All required and custom plugins (eg. jQuery) must be documented in your item description and documentation file.