Summary: This article outlines how Unbounce Template items need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
Please note: There are three parts to preparing your item to sell on Envato. This process includes the item preparation and technical requirements for certain items (as shown below). Make sure to also review our overall Quality Requirements and Technical Requirements as well as Legal Requirements to cover all the bases and get through review!
To ensure that the quality of your landing page remains intact and that your page passes approval by ThemeForest, please follow these guidelines:
- A landing page template should be customizable. The end user should be able to easily swap out any hero shot images or photographic backgrounds.
- Do not edit the source of a text element.
- Leave page guides and section guides turned on.
- Margins in page sections should be used to create gaps, not blank page sections.
- Placeholders are images and easy to swap out.
- Any custom stylesheets or Javascrips need to begin with a comment including the author’s contact info and instructions for support.
- Your tree structure can have no broken elements.
- A form’s button must be properly attached to the form.
- If your template includes a form, the Conversion Goal should be set to Form Submission.
- Your template should be mobile responsive, and should have the Show Mobile Responsive option checked.
- Submission must be a zipped unbounce file exported from the unbounce platform.
- The following article will provide you with a step-by-step tutorial for creating an unbounce template: The ThemeForest Author’s Guide to Unbounce Templates.
How to generate your preview URL
Follow these steps to generate your preview URL:
- Go to the Page Overview screen (the screen before you enter the page builder) and click Change URL.
- Enter the URL that you would like. The free account will only allow you to change the URI and keep the domain as http://unbouncepages/, which will work just fine for submitting your templates to Envato. Upgrading to a paid plan will allow you to add a custom domain if you wish.
- To publish your page to the URL you have selected, click Publish Page. A few second later, you’ll have a functioning preview URL.
You must provide sufficient documentation to help customers with installation and setup. Unbounce has provided the following guidelines to assist you in this.
How to upload a .unbounce file
- If you do not have an unbounce account, you can start a 30 day free trial. If you do have one, sign in at http://app.unbounce.com.
- If you are not on the All Pages screen, click the Pages button in the left navigation.
- At the top-right of the All Pages screen, click Upload an Unbounce Page.
- Click Choose File and find the .unbounce file you would like to upload.
- Your page should be uploaded as a new page into your All Pages screen.