Summary: This article outlines how Facebook Template items need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type. Facebook templates will be used by your customers to create Facebook page tabs. These tabs are used by Facebook page owners to better engage their audience.
There are two types of Facebook templates:
- Standard Facebook Templates
- Facebook CMS Templates
Please note: There are three parts to preparing your item to sell on Envato. This process includes the item preparation and technical requirements for certain items (as shown below). Make sure to also review our overall Quality Requirements, Technical Requirements and Legal Requirements to cover all the bases and get through review!
Standard Facebook Templates
These templates are similar to site templates on Themeforest but have a width of 520px or 810px so that they fit within the width restriction of Facebook tabs.
Following are the technical Requirements for Standard Facebook Templates submissions:
- Semantic markup and up-to-date JS libraries are required.
- 810px width is required but you may submit both 520px and 810px width.
Facebook CMS Templates
These templates are similar to CMS themes on Themeforest but have a width of 520px or 810px so that they fit within the width restriction of Facebook tabs.
Following are the technical Requirements for Facebook CMS Templates submissions:
- Template directory structure should follow the default directory structure of the CMS being used.
- Libraries must be up-to-date.
- All add-ons/plugins being used must be up-to-date.
- 810px width is required, but you may submit both 520px and 810px width.
Documentation Requirements for Templates
Documentation must include the following:
- A statement notifying the customer that they must have an SSL certificate to create a Facebook tab. This statement must also appear in the item description after the product info in bold type.
- Instructions on setting up any advanced features that integrate with Facebook.
- Instructions on setting up any advanced features of the tab, such as galleries.
- An overview of all third-party libraries used in the template.
- An overview and installation instruction of all third-party add-ons/plugins used in the CMS template.