Summary: This article outlines how PrestaShop Theme items need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
Please note: There are three parts to preparing your item to sell on Envato. This process includes the item preparation and technical requirements for certain items (as shown below). Make sure to also review our overall Quality Requirements and Technical Requirements as well as Legal Requirements to cover all the bases and get through review!
Following are the technical requirements for PrestaShop Theme items:
- CSS, JS files and images must be organized into their own folders.
- There should be no PHP errors, notices, warnings or short tags.
- Templates must work with digital and physical goods as well as product packs or bundles.
- Styling must work on configurable, discounted, and out-of-stock items.
- Breadcrumbs must function with hierarchies at least three levels deep.
- Additional themes for older PrestaShop versions must be separated into multiple packages (do not use PrestaShop function calls for version checks).
- Inline HTML or CSS is not permitted.
- The Smarty templating system needs to be utilized.
- Core PrestaShop files and functions must not be modified.
- You must provide sufficient documentation to help customers with installation and setup.
- The full installation process of the theme must be documented.
- All required plugins must be documented in your item's description and document file.
- Custom featured falling outside PrestaShop's core functionality must be clearly documented.
- All required and custom plugins (eg. jQuery) must be documented in your item description and document file.