Summary: This article outlines how PSD Template items need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
Please note: There are three parts to preparing your item to sell on Envato. This process includes the item preparation and technical requirements for certain items (as shown below). Make sure to also review our overall Quality Requirements and Technical Requirements as well as Legal Requirements to cover all the bases and get through review!
- Must be in Adobe Photoshop format (PSD)
- Must be compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS3 or newer
- Minimum page size is 800 pixels by 600 pixels at 72PPI for small designs (vCards)
- Minimum page size is 1024 pixels by 768 pixels at 72PPI for other designs
- Must be in RGB color mode
- All text must be editable
- All basic shapes must be editable
- Must include layout guidelines
Layers and Groups
- All groups and layers must be clearly and logically labelled (related elements should be grouped, such as buttons, links, etc)
- All layers should be unlocked
- Color adjustments must use an adjustment layer (rasterized layers are not acceptable)
- File structure must be outlined
- Groups & layers must be documented, preferably with screenshots and descriptions
- Credits & resource URL(s) should be included
Item Description Requirements
- List the number of pages included
- Describe what the template is designed for
- List credits and required resources. This includes the fonts, patterns and shapes used in the template.