Summary: This article explains how iBook Templates need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
- Template file must be created using iBooks Author and use the .iba extension.
- Item documentation must be in the root folder.
Your file needs to the following layout requirements:
- Chapter layout with photo
- Chapter layout text only
- Preface layout
- 5 Section layouts
- Section page with text
- Section page with photo and text
- Copyright page
- Dedication page
- Foreword page
Documentation must be included to help customers with installation and setup. Following are the guidelines for documentation:
- Documentation must list all layouts.
- Documentation must include instruction on how to create a template from an .iba file in the following format:
Follow these steps to create a template from an iba file:
- Unzip the purchased iBooks item.
- Open the .iba file in iBooks Author.
- Go to File in the menu and select Save as Template.