Summary: This article explains how ePublishing digital Magazine Templates [ePub Indesign Templates] need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type. Before submitting your ePub InDesign templates, ensure that your template meets the requirements outlined in this article.
- Template must be submitted in the .indd file format.
- Template must include documentation.
You must provide separate files for both non-retina and retina displays in both landscape and portrait mode, but templates optimized for only one display size will be accepted. These display sizes are:
- Landscape: 1024px x 768px (132 PPI)
- Portrait: 768px x 1024px (132 PPI)
- Landscape: 2048px x 1536px (264 PPI)
- Portrait: 1536px x 2048px (264 PPI)
We recommend (but do not require) adding the following layouts to your digital magazine templates:
- Table of contents
- Article intro layout with photo
- Article intro layout with text and photo
- One advertisement page layout
- Section page with text
- Section page with photo and text
- Letter from the Editor page
- Contributors' page (lists all writers)
Written documentation is required to help customers with installation and setup. Documentation must list all layouts and show examples of each layout in portrait and landscape mode.