Summary: This article explains how Vectors need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
- Illustrator EPS 10 compatible.
- Can be either RGB or CMYK.
- Making it easy for customers to modify.
- Must be 100% vector - no raster elements or effects.
- No open paths unless they are unfilled (i.e., strokes with no fill).
- No locked objects.
- No hidden objects.
- Clean and well organized (remove stray shapes, empty layers, etc.).
- Layers should be unlocked.
- Groups, if used, should be logical.
- Custom fills and brush strokes should be expanded.
You are welcome to include additional files and file types, such as AI and JPEG. For example, you may want to provide a JPEG for users who cannot edit the vector file.
You may wish to include an AI file with unexpanded brush strokes and effects. These extra files should be listed in the item description and item details. Any special instructions can be noted in a help file included in the download folder.
Example 1: Must be 100% vector - no raster elements or effects.
Example 2: No open paths unless they are unfilled (i.e., strokes with no fill).
Example 3: Layers should not be locked.
Example 4: No stray shapes outside the Artboard.
Example 5: Custom brush strokes should be expanded. Unexpanded brush stroke (top), and expanded brush stroke (bottom).
Example 6: Custom fills should be expanded. Unexpanded pattern fill (left), and expanded pattern fill (right).