Summary: This article explains how Lightroom Presets need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
- Lightroom preset packs should contain no more than 50 presets
- Submissions must include presets that work with Lightroom 4. However, you can submit Lightroom 3 versions along with the Lightroom 4 compatible presets.
- All Lightroom presets must be saved as .lrtemplate files.
To meet our minimum requirements for documentation, your file must include:
- A list of all the presets included in the ﬁle with the following information:
- The preset name.
- The ﬁle type the preset was designed to be used with. There can be more than one ﬁle type. A few example ﬁle types are RAW, DNG, JPG, and PNG.
- Some presets will not work well with certain types of pictures (over- or underexposed, no background, etc.). You should document these picture types with each preset when applicable.
- The version(s) of Lightroom the preset can be used with.
- Version Notes with the following information:
- Date of version release
- Updates included in the release
- Version history
List the compatible file types as well as known picture types that your preset may not work well with, for example, overexposed, underexposed, or no background.