Summary: This article explains how PowerPoint and Keynote Presentation Template items need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
- Files must be organised and easy to use.
- Files need to work with the English language Powerpoint or Keynote Software editions.
- All layers, groups and notes must be in English.
The Presentation Templates category is intended for the following files:
Please note combinations of file types are not allowed. For example, a PowerPoint item bundled with a Keynote item.
Accepted file formats are:
- PPT (Powerpoint 97-2003)
- PPTX (2007 - 2016)
- Additional optional file formats include:
- PPTM—A Macro enabled file can be used to add navigation, run movie clips or sounds or hyperlinks to documents.
- POTX—A true Powerpoint Template file can be used to create new presentations with a consistent design and layout - Powerpoint 2007 onwards.
- POT—A true Powerpoint Template file can be used to create new presentations with a consistent design and layout - up to Powerpoint 03.
- THMX—Produces a theme that is cross-compatible with Word and Excel (saves font, color scheme and backgrounds).
- PPS—Opens straight to slideshow viewing mode - Powerpoint 2003.
- PPSX—Opens straight to slideshow viewing mode - Powerpoint 2007 onwards.
- PPSM—Defaults to slideshow view, but preserves macros. VBA macros don't work in Powerpoint 08.
- PPAM—An add-in that stores custom commands & VBA macros, but is not a full theme or presentation.
- PPA—An add-in that stores custom commands & VBA macros, but is not a full theme or presentation (PowerPoint 97 to Office PowerPoint 2003).
Accepted file formats are:
- KEY—A standard Apple Keynote presentation.
- Additional optional file format:
- KTH—Similar to the POT / POTX file - a theme file.
- Files should be logically structured and organised. The help file must be easily located (i.e top level, clearly marked).
You must also include a help file with your item, and it must be easily located (i.e top level, clearly marked). Your help file must include:
- General instructions on how add custom content to the presentation template
- The fonts used in the file.
- Optional - An explanation of the organisation or structure of the presentation.
- Optional - Common issues that might arise and how to resolve them.
Files need to work with the English language Powerpoint or Keynote Software editions. All layers, groups and notes must be in English.
Your item must follow the general quality guidelines regarding design:
- Textures and images included in the file should be high resolution with no banding, aliasing, artifacting or compression issues
- Technical execution to a high standard—No overlapping text/shapes/poorly aligned elements, aliasing, misalignment
- Animations & transitions are not a requirement.