When will my payout be processed?
Payouts are processed on the 15th of each month. To be eligible for a payout on the 15th you must have been eligible by the last day of the previous month.
For example, to receive a payment on the 15th February, you would need to have a payout account set up and the minimum required for that payout destination on or before 31st January.
Envato is an Australian company, therefore the deadline for setting your payout account is 23:59:59.
Please note: if the 15th day of the month falls on a weekend or an Australian public holiday, then payouts will be processed the following business day.
Why are my Statement & Earnings page showing different amounts?
Your Envato account has two views of your overall earnings activity which may show different amounts.
The Net Earnings view is a sum of both your sales net income and your referral net income.
The Sales Earnings view only includes your net sales, not referral income. This means the amounts shown on the Net Earnings view may differ from the Sales Earnings page.
Refunds also result in different amounts being shown in the Net Earnings and Sales earnings view of your account.
Say you sell an item in February, and then have it refunded in April. This is what happens:
- In the Earnings page, we deduct the refund amount from the earnings of the month when the sale happened, i.e. in February.
- In the Statement page, we deduct the refund amount from the earnings of the month when we processed the refund, i.e. in April.
You can find all refund transactions within your statements.
What is a sales reversal?
A sales reversal occurs when a purchase is reversed by the payment provider (eg. payment gateway or bank) through either a credit card or Paypal account. Reversals are enforced by the payment provider and actioned in accordance with their policies. As an author, your statement will be updated to reflect the reversed transaction.
A sales reversal is not a refund. A refund can only be processed by Envato, according to our refund policies.
Why has a sales reversal occurred?
There are a variety of different reasons a reversal may occur, but two broad groups are:
- The transaction was disputed by the payment gateway (e.g. Paypal or credit card). This could happen due to a few reasons, such as the payment gateway’s customer reported the transaction as fraudulent.
- The transaction was disputed by the customer with their payment issuer because they feel they did not receive what they paid for in some way.
We have an active anti-fraud team and systems in place to manage customers with unknown transactions.
More information about a sales reversal can be found via your statement. Locate the sales reversal in the statement line and hover over the 'Information' tooltip on the far right-hand column to display the related purchase code.
What happens when a sales reversal occurs?
When a reversal occurs, Envato will:
- Immediately disable the Envato account from which the purchase was made;
- Remove the item from the customer’s Downloads page;
- Invalidate the purchase code for the item.
Envato takes privacy and security seriously while adhering to industry standards and practices.
Sales Reversals are a part of running any sort of business online, but Envato is active and diligent in both monitoring and combating reversals to ensure they are minimised.