Why was my photo rejected?
Images need to be aestheticly pleasing, well composed and offer utility to our customers.
To avoid image rejection please also ensure your submissions meet the following criteria:
- Feature sharp focus on the subject. Background blur and bokeh is acceptable and often desirable, but the subject should be sharp.
- Well lit, free from harsh shadows, with contrast inside the digital sensor or film's dynamic range.
- Properly exposed.
- Should not contain excessive noise.
- Should not contain moiré patterns.
- Should not contain any chromatic aberrations or "fringing".
- Smooth color gradients.
- Maximum quality settings - no excessive compression artefacts.
If you’re more of a visual learner, we’ve also put together:
- Most common Rejection reasons for Photos including heaps of good & bad examples
- The Lookbook with examples of the type of photos and quality we’re looking for to further assist and inspire you.
How do I become a Photos Author?
To become a Photos Author, it all begins with a portfolio submission.
We need to get a sense of your style and creative point of view. To facilitate that we ask all interested authors to submit a diverse portfolio of their best items for review. If approved, you’ll be invited to join our community of authors and can begin uploading your items.
For now, authors are being hand-picked by our content experts (in time we will open this up to inbound applications too). We are specifically looking for self-curated collections in line with the Commercial Demand Guide for Photos.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- A consistent and high-quality photo portfolio
- Significant initial volume and/or the ability to upload 50+ photos/month
- Authenticity: Natural light, real people & real expressions, fresh perspective, customizable.
- Having a link to a Dropbox or Google Drive to show us what you plan to send us once approved can really help us assess if your content is a good fit for our library. We are moving away from the microstock clichés and really focusing on photographers that produce high quality, authentic content.
If you believe your items meet the requirements, you can then submit your interest to become a Photos Author by Applying to Become an Elements Author.
Once your portfolio application has been approved, you will be able to submit photos for inclusion on Envato Elements.