Summary: This article outlines the requirements for backgrounds and textures within Photos.
Please refer to the following guidelines when submitting photographic backgrounds or textures.
- High-quality photos of objects and patterns intended for use as photographic backgrounds are acceptable.
- Use of abstract camera focus techniques such as bokeh are acceptable.
- Do not submit photos which use any fake / artificial bokeh techniques.
- Do not submit images which are simply entirely blurred artificially. In some cases, backgrounds that use short depth of field can be acceptable if it’s done in-camera and looks intentional.
- Do not submit backgrounds that are entirely illustrations, gradients, or abstract graphical elements.
Examples of acceptable photographic backgrounds for PhotoDune:
Examples of unacceptable background images for PhotoDune:
All backgrounds should be done in-camera, and not photoshopped.
Even backgrounds need to have proper lighting/exposure and composition (making sure the lines are level when they should be for example, and removing any distracting portions).