In addition to our General Photo Technical Requirements, please refer to the following guidelines when submitting photographic backgrounds or textures.
- High-quality photos of objects and patterns intended for use as photographic backgrounds are acceptable.
- Use of abstract camera focus techniques such as bokeh are acceptable.
- Do not submit photos which use any fake / artificial bokeh techniques.
- Do not submit images which are simply entirely blurred (either naturally or artificially).
- Do not submit backgrounds that are entirely illustrations, gradients, or abstract graphical elements.
For photographs intended primarily for use as textures/patterns, we recommend that you submit these to the textures category on GraphicRiver as an individual texture or texture pack. See our article on PhotoDune or GraphicRiver for more detail and examples.
Examples of acceptable photographic backgrounds for PhotoDune:
Examples of unacceptable background images for PhotoDune: