Help! I think my account has been taken over?
If you believe that your account has been compromised or accessed without your authorization, please contact the Envato Support Team immediately.
If you can log into your account:
- Change your password.
- Change the password to the email address associated with your Envato account.
- Verify your other account information.
If you are unable to log into your account:
Please contact the Envato Support Team with the following information:
- Your username
- The time and date of your last successful login
- A description of the unusual activity
- The names of your latest purchases
- Details of recent payment withdrawals (E.g. Withdrawal amount and email address or bank details attached to the payment)
Please note: We do not permit account sharing as stated in our terms and conditions.
What do I do If I’m locked out of my account?
Security precautions are a necessary part of any platform, and at Envato, we take account security very seriously. While the process of locking accounts can be frustrating, our aim is to protect you and provide a safe online experience for our community at large.
We recommend you to check the following before contacting us for support:
- Double check your payment method (whether it's PayPal or credit card). Depending on which method you're currently using, you'll want to contact them first to make sure it's not caused by their system, to begin with, as this might lead to duplicate behavior, and you being locked out repeatedly even after we've already unlocked the account.
- Please make sure you're not changing or sharing payment details with other people.
- If you are unhappy with something you’ve purchased, please contact us before opening a PayPal or credit card dispute. Any PayPal or credit card dispute will automatically result in your account being locked as a security precaution and this can take much longer to resolve than contacting us first.
If none of the above pointers helped, follow these steps outlined and we’ll get you on your way as quickly as possible:
- Get in touch with us ASAP via this link.
- Please make sure to select the correct category from the drop-down - My Account > My account is locked. We prioritize these tickets accordingly, and this will allow us to do so.
- Be sure to include your Envato Account username, and a brief description of what happened before you got locked out (e.g: "I tried to buy this item - the PayPal transaction went through, now I'm locked out!!!").
Following the above steps will not only allow us to react more swiftly but also to improve this process moving forward.
Please note: If you have opened up a dispute by the time you've read this, please drop us a line via the help form and we'll guide you from there.
Why haven't I received the sign-in verification email?
Use these instructions to troubleshoot if you have not received a sign in verification email:
Step 1. Please check the following areas below:
- You’ve entered your email address correctly.
- The email is not in your spam or junk folder.
- Your domain is not filtering or blocking the email.
- You do not have an email forwarding setup.
Step 2. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or Contacts, or whitelist this email address.
Step 3. If you have checked all of the above and you still haven't received the verification email please get in touch with our Support Team.
Please note: Custom domains often have filtering or spam features which can prevent email delivery. You could try signing up for an email account with Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook or Hotmail to get around this
For more information around the Sign In Verification process, please see how it works here.
Why am I receiving a 'Google Chrome Download Warning'?
Recently, some Google Chrome users have been experiencing an alert message when downloading files from Envato Market.
filename.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous.
All items are thoroughly checked by our Quality Team, to ensure they are free from malware or any other dangerous material before they are approved for sale.
We believe this isn't an Envato-side issue as it has been reported by other companies as well.
What are some tips for keeping my Envato account secure?
Use a strong password:
- Create a strong, unique password - do not reuse passwords from other sites.
- Use a long password - longer passwords are harder to guess.
- Choose a password with a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.
Store your password securely:
- Store password reminders in a safe place.
- Password managers like LastPass, Password Genie 4.0, 1Password or Dashlane keep all your passwords safe and automatically generate strong passwords for you.
Public computer usage:
- Be sure to always log out after accessing your account on a public computer.
- When you change your password on your Envato Account, a colored bar indicates if your password is weak, medium or strong. If it’s weak we suggest you change it!
Account Security FAQs
Still no luck? We can help!
Contact us and we’ll get back to you
as soon as possible.