Summary: Here are the key areas to be aware of when it comes to managing your password settings for your Envato Account, including step-by-step instructions and tips for using Envato securely.
Password security is vital for any online service or platform - as a customer depositing funds or as an author earning money through Envato, it’s very important that your account is safe and secure from hackers! Please ensure that you manage your password settings as needed to ensure it stays up to date and secure.
I've forgotten my Username Or Password
Follow these steps below to reset your password for your Envato Account:
- Click Sign In from the menu.
- Click Remind me to have your username reminder sent via email.
- Click Reset to reset your password.
- Enter your Envato account username and the email address registered to your account.
If you do not receive the password reset/username email, please ensure that you have checked your spam/junk folder and added email@example.com to your address book or whitelist.
What are the steps to change my Password?
- Login to your Envato Account (click Sign In in the top right corner)
- Click on your username (also in the top right corner!)
- Click Profile in the drop down menu
- Then, click Envato Account settings
- You'll need to sign in again as a security measure
- Click Change password
- Type a new password into the space provided
- Enter your old password to confirm the changes
- Click Save and you’re done!
Why is my new Password not accepted?
The password you enter will be evaluated based on its strength and suitability for account security. If your chosen password does not pass validation, it will not be accepted. You will be prompted to create a stronger password.
Here are the common reasons for password rejection:
- A weak combination or variation of common dictionary words or common passwords (e.g. abc123, p@ssw0rd, password123).
- A variation on an Envato term, your username or your account details (e.g. themeforest123).
- Too short or otherwise insecure.
For maximum account security, it’s recommended that you:
- Have a complex password made up of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and numbers (you can use a password generator if you wish).
- Have a unique password for your Envato account.
- Change your password regularly.
- Keep your password private and never give it out.
To change your password, please review section two above.
How can I keep my Envato Account secure?
Use a strong password:
- Create a strong, unique password - do not reuse passwords from other sites.
- Use a long password - longer passwords are harder to guess.
- Choose a password with a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.
Store your password securely:
- Store password reminders in a safe place.
- Password managers like LastPass, Password Genie 4.0, 1Password or Dashlane keep all your passwords safe and automatically generate strong passwords for you.
Public computer usage:
- Be sure to always log out after accessing your account on a public computer.
- When you change your password on your Envato Account, a colored bar indicates if your password is weak, medium or strong. If it’s weak we suggest you change it!