Envato's default position is not to censor, edit, or delete ratings or reviews by customers. However, there are cases where we may take the step of removing a rating or review. If there are repeated or severe violations by a customer, we may revoke a user’s right to rate an item, or suspend or terminate their account. Envato makes the decision on whether a rating or review violates this policy. Decisions made by the Envato Community Integrity Team around reviews are final and should be respected.
We will remove ratings and reviews that:
- are not directly related to the item or support services provided for that item by the author;
- are regarding item support for items that are unsupported;
- are abusive, obscene, threatening, discriminatory, hateful, offensive, or otherwise infringe our Acceptable Use Policy;
- violate another person or entity’s privacy rights, such as publishing their name, email address, domain, purchase code or other identifying or confidential information without their permission;
- aim to force a user to do something they aren’t obligated to do, such as force an author to provide support where an item was sold as unsupported or where the customer’s support has expired;
- are used as a means to make a support request;
are posted or updated more than 6 months from the date of purchase (applicable to items purchased after 20th June 2023. For items purchased before this date, the 12-month term applies).
“Item” includes all aspects of the item, as well as all recommended or required third-party plugins, listed on the item description page/documentation.
”Support services provided” includes any support given, even if the item was sold as ‘unsupported’, the services were provided outside a valid support period, or the services were above and beyond those set out in the Item Support Policy.
“Unsupported” means an item sold as ‘unsupported’ or sold with no reference to support services being provided by the author in relation to the item.
To report a rating or review that violates these guidelines, please contact the Author Support team and tell us which part of this policy you believe is being breached, including any evidence you have. Again, our default position is not to censor, edit, or delete ratings or reviews, so your report and supporting evidence must demonstrate a clear and undeniable violation of the guidelines. However, Envato reserves the right to remove any rating/s and/or any user’s ability to rate a specific item, at its absolute discretion.
We note that an author's ability to report a rating or review expires 60 days after the rating or review was left or last updated.