Summary: This article explains the limited circumstances where we may remove a rating or review on your item.
Our default position is not to censor, edit, or delete ratings or reviews by customers. We may remove ratings if we decide that they breach this policy.
Customers can leave ratings and reviews on items they have purchased. Reviews should be respectful, helpful and constructive in order to assist other customers looking to purchase items on Envato Market.
Envato's default position is not to censor, edit, or delete ratings or reviews by customers. However, there are cases where we may take the step of removing a rating or review. If there are repeated or severe violations by a customer, we may suspend or terminate their account. Envato makes the final decision on whether a rating or review violates this policy.
We will remove ratings and reviews that:
- are not directly related to the item or support services provided for that item by the author.
"Item" here refers to all aspects of the item including, but not limited to, its perceived value, listing, documentation, etc.
”Support services provided” includes any support given, even if the item was sold as "unsupported", the services were provided outside a valid support period, or the services were above and beyond those set out in the Item Support Policy.
- are about item support for items that are not supported.
- are abusive, obscene, defamatory, threatening or discriminatory.
- are hateful or offensive based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- violate another person or entity’s privacy rights, such as publishing their name, email address, domain, purchase code or other identifying or confidential information without their permission.
- aim to force a user to do something they aren’t obligated to do, such as force an author to provide support where an item was sold as unsupported or where the customer’s support has expired.
- are posted or updated more than 12 months from the date of purchase, unless the customer has an active item support entitlement (this violation term is effective from 18/07/2019).
- are used as a means to make a support request. Support requests must be made via the method specified by the author.
To report a rating or review that violates these guidelines, please contact the Envato Author Support team and tell us which part of this policy you believe is being breached, including any evidence you have. Again, our default position is not to censor, edit, or delete ratings or reviews, so your report and supporting evidence must demonstrate a clear and undeniable violation of the guidelines.
Note that the ability to report a rating or review expires 60 days after the rating or review was left or last edited.