Summary: This article outlines the technical and documentation requirements for items within the Bootstrap Skins category.
Following are the technical requirements for Bootstrap Skins submission:
- Skins with default styles will not be accepted.
- Skins must be modified enough to be unique from the default Bootstrap styling.
- All default elements are required.
- The CSS code styling must follow the Bootstrap core styling.
- CSS should be ID-less, fully class based and only use as many rules as necessary (ie. no bloated CSS).
- Where possible, code-generated graphics (CSS3 gradients, etc) should be used instead of images.
- Skin directory structure should follow the default Bootstrap directory structure.
- The core LESS files are not required for submission, but adding them can be helpful to customers who use LESS.
Following are the documentation requirements for Bootstrap Skins submission:
- Instructions on modifying core UI elements are required when the CSS for the element is drastically changed.
- All custom plugin (eg. jQuery) or replacement plugin usage must be well documented with clear instructions.