Summary: This article outlines the requirements for photo 3D renders.
Please refer to the following guidelines when submitting images based on rendered 3D objects and scenes.
- Extremely high quality, photo-realistic 3D renders may be acceptable as images on PhotoDune.
- 3D renders must display a high degree of realism/believability, make sense visually, and have a clear and well thought out purpose.
- Renders must have smooth curves, with no visible polygons (high-poly count).
- Renders must use the highest quality textures and texture mapping possible.
- Renders must have realistic lighting and depth-of-field (where applicable).
- We always prefer real photos whenever possible, so a 3D render is more likely to be acceptable for certain subjects and environments that are simply not as practical/possible to photograph in reality. This may include images relating to:
- Outer space or futuristic subjects
- Medical or microscopic subjects
- Difficult to access locations or subjects