1. How Do I Change my Email Address?
To change the email address connected to your Envato account, please follow the steps below:
- Click Envato Account from the drop-down menu.
- Click Edit details.
- Enter your new email address.
- Enter your password and click Save.
- You will receive an email with a link to verify your new address.
- Click the verification link to complete the process.
2. How Do I Close my Envato Account?
To close your Envato account, please send a request to the Author Support Team. We value your honest feedback, so please include any comments you may have had about your Envato experience that may be helpful for us to know.
Please note: You will need to send this request from the email address that is associated with your Envato Market account.
3. How Do I Change my Exclusivity Status?
In your Account Dashboard on Envato Market, navigate to Settings, and scroll down to where you can see Exclusivity of your items on the left hand side of the page. Click on this, and you will see your current exclusivity status, and a button to Change your Exclusivity agreement.
You can change the exclusivity status of an account at any time, but when opting out you will need to wait 30 days until the change takes effect. At the end of the 30 day period (from the day on which you change your account status), you will be free to offer the items in that account outside of Envato and the author fee you pay to Envato will change to the non-exclusive rate. Opting into exclusivity takes effect immediately.
4. How Do I Change my Envato Username?
From time to time, you may decide that you want to change your Envato Username. Please follow the our step-by-step guide to manage your Username Settings or contact our Author Support Team if you need any assistance.
5. What is an API Key and How Do I Get One?
An API Key is a security token that you can use to authenticate with our API. It is a secret, like a password, that should be protected. It is used for building third-party apps using Envato data.
You can create more than one token and you should consider creating a different token for different access uses. For example, creating a token for FTP access only requires “View and search Envato sites” and “View your Envato Account username”.
Once you've registered your app, you'll need to get an API Key. Follow these steps to fetch your API Key:
- Go to https://build.envato.com/create-token/.
- Choose a token name.
- In the permissions list below, make sure to check ‘View and search Envato sites’ and ‘View your
- Envato Account username’.
- Then, click Create Token.
For more information, please also refer to our API documentation.