Summary: This article outlines some key requirements for your Element 3D items within Video.
All files submitted in the Element 3D Project File category must be prepared for commercial use. Since all the Element 3D Project Files are also After Effects Project Files, it is important to follow the requirements outlined in this article while creating your Element 3D project.
Please note: Element 3D templates must be created using the most recent version of the plugin at the date of submission.
All items should follow a clean and organized folder structure both within the zip folder and within the actual project. The zip folder root directory must contain only the project, documentation, and asset sub-folder(s). Here is an example of an appropriate folder structure:
Ensure that you follow the below guidelines while using assets:
- Project assets must be properly linked before submitting the project file.
- Do not include pre-rendered assets that have been made using Element 3D.
- All assets, including materials, shaders, environment maps, lighting setups, and models must be included in the project zip folder.
- All assets intended to be replaced must be provided with an included placeholder image.
All Envato video Project Files are required to include documentation that guides customers through the customization process. As we require documentation to cover certain topics, it is very important to read this article and get yourself familiarised with our documentation requirements
Please note: failing to include a valid help file can result in a soft-rejection by our review team.
Apart from the help file, your Element 3D Project Files should include the following information:
- Sometimes Element 3D projects do not link up properly when opened in different user’s computers.
- To help customers to deal with this issue, you will need to provide documentation on how to use the Element 3D relinking tool when the project is first opened. This way we can ensure that all the assets are linked correctly.
- List of all project assets
- List of all models
- .C4D files
- .obj files
- List of all the materials and their passes (diffuse, illumination, and so on).