Summary: This article outlines an alternative approach to showcase your preview videos for your Motion Graphics Files.
Every single item being sold on VideoHive is required to provide a preview video, which serves as the primary way for customers to see what your item contains. Typically preview video requirements are the same for both Stock Footage and Motion Graphics items.
Preview videos should contain each video clip that is included in the item submission, showing one video clip after another as a continuous sequence with the VideoHive Watermark overlayed on top.
While this is still a valid method for Motion Graphics items, we’re now also allowing an alternative new preview video approach that lets your items stand out from the pack and showcase your content in the best way possible. We are calling these “presentation-style” preview videos.
These new presentation-style preview videos still need to show all of the video clips or assets that are being included in the submission, but rather than simply playing a video clip one after another, you can now do so within a clean and professional presentation.
Presentation-style preview videos can contain mixed media and assets, highlight information about the item and clips, and show examples and mock-ups of the motion graphics as they might actually be used (similar to preview videos for After Effects items).
Furthermore, when you create a presentation-style preview video for Motion Graphics submission, you do not need to watermark the preview video as the original clips will not be exposed.
Presentation-style preview videos do a great job of highlighting your item with a professional touch, below are some of the examples:
By creating a more engaging preview video, customers can very easily get an idea of how effectively your item could be used. Furthermore, it is a lot more entertaining for reviewers as well!
Presentation-Style Preview Video Guidelines
The whole point of presentation-style previews is to help customers more easily understand the value your item brings to the table. Below are the guidelines that you need to follow while creating your Presentation-style preview video:
- Make sure that your preview video does a great job of highlighting key features and showcasing the value. For example, if your file comes with alpha channels and is intended to be layered over other footage, be sure to demonstrate that effectively.
- As presentation-style preview videos may contain other media assets that are not actually included or able to be distributed in the item, it needs to follow the same guidelines as general preview videos.
- Anytime you include media within your preview video that is not part of the actual item, you will need to clearly explain that the media is not included in your item description.
- As with the general preview videos, if you decide to add music or sounds from AudioJungle to your presentation preview video, we require that you properly attribute the author in your item description. This can be done by including a link back to the item page for any or all audio used in your preview video.
- Please note that presentation-style previews may not be applicable or helpful for every Motion Graphics item, in this case, the standard preview video requirements and method still applies.