Summary: This article outlines how Gatsby.js Themes need to be prepared and the technical requirements expected for this item type.
Please note: There are three parts to preparing your item to sell on Envato. This process includes the item preparation and technical requirements for certain items (as shown below). Make sure to also review our overall Quality Requirements and Technical Requirements as well as Legal Requirements to cover all the bases and get through review!
Gatsby is a React.js-based fast and flexible framework that makes it easy to build websites with any CMS, API, or database.
- New submissions and theme updates must be compatible with the latest public minor release of Next.js
- Theme internal folder structure should follow this general format: https://www.gatsbyjs.com/docs/reference/gatsby-project-structure/
- TypeScript is recommended
- The main theme folder must be the name of your theme.
- Submissions may also optionally include PSD, Figma or Adobe XD files to allow users to customize the theme images.
- The item must include documentation.
- You must provide a URL to a live preview demonstrating your theme’s functionality on your own server.
- The item description must list and link to any non-standard or 3rd party fonts/scripts/assets used in your theme. If you include the 3rd party fonts/scripts/assets in your theme .ZIP package, ensure you have the legal rights to do so.
- Include a message to the reviewer in the upload comment box specifying if your Gatsby.js Theme is based off one of your existing ThemeForest items (e.g. a WordPress Theme or Site Template), including a link to the existing item.
Written documentation is required to help buyers with installation, setup, and customization.
- The full installation process of the theme must be documented.
- Sample content and any advanced styling/layout instructions must be included in the documentation.
- Any non-standard or 3rd party fonts/scripts/assets used in your theme must be listed, linked to, and appropriately credited in the documentation.
- Theme version notes must be documented, including:
- Version number
- Date of release
- List of all updates and fixes included in the release
- Past version history
- Refer to the ThemeForest General File Preparation Guidelines for instructions on how to format your documentation.