Table of Contents
Why Was My Item Rejected?
Envato strives to have only items of the highest quality available on Envato Market. Items are evaluated and assessed during the approval process by quality standards, which are set at the discretion of the Quality Team.
Some general guidelines to consider are that the item must:
- Be useful to customers
- Not include any potentially offensive content (eg. violent, sexual or otherwise offensive content)
- Not infringe on any trademark or copyright
- Not be compressed to the point where the aesthetic quality suffers
- Not include your logo, URL, or watermark (you may include information about your services in an attached help text file)
- Be well constructed
- Be as compatible as possible
- Be easy to customize
With this in mind, unfortunately not every item that’s submitted to Envato Market can be approved for sale. If your submission doesn’t meet our Content Requirements and standards it will either be Soft Rejected or Hard Rejected.
What’s the difference between Soft or Hard Rejection?
If an item is currently unsuitable for sale on Envato Market, it will either be Soft Rejected or Hard Rejected.
What is a Soft Rejection?
When an item is Soft Rejected it means that our Quality Team have assessed that the item is almost ready to go up for sale on Envato Market, however the item still needs a couple of small changes before it can be accepted.
The required changes will be listed by your reviewer in the Soft Rejection notice and can be found via your Author Dashboard or the Soft Rejection email from the Quality Team.
Author Dashboard > Hidden Items > [Soft Rejected] Item > History (below)
Soft Rejection Email. (below)
Only once you have made the required changes in the Soft Rejection notice, can you then resubmit the item for review (via the Edit tab).
What is a Hard Rejection?
An item may be Hard Rejected for a variety of reasons: Common Rejection Reasons for all Marketplaces - eg. it means that the review team have determined the item is not suitable for sale on Envato Market.
Hard Rejection Email. (below)
Hard Rejected submissions cannot be re-submitted. Regrettably, our Quality and Help Teams are also unable to provide feedback or critique submissions that have been Hard Rejected.
For further information please read common rejection reasons across all of Envato Market.
How will I know if my Item has been Soft or Hard Rejected?
At each stage of the review process, you will receive an email updating you on the status of your submission. The email will outline if the item has been Soft or Hard Rejected.
- View the status of your submission via the email sent to you by the Quality Team.
- If the email subject line contains “Needs Improvement”, your item has been Soft Rejected.
- If the email subject line contains “Rejected”, your item has been Hard Rejected.
Can I Get Feedback For My Hard Rejected Item?
- Unfortunately, our Quality and Help Teams are not able to provide feedback/critique or advice for Hard Rejected items.
- We know it can be frustrating to have a submission rejected and hope that you won't be discouraged.
- We encourage you to take advantage of the many talented and helpful community members who choose to provide constructive feedback on our forums.
To receive community feedback, please visit our forums.
Can I Resubmit A Hard Rejected Item?
- If your item has been Hard Rejected, you cannot re-submit the item.
- Attempting to resubmit your rejected item(s) is considered an unacceptable use of Envato Market and may result in revoked upload rights.
- You must create a brand new item and ensure it is entirely distinguishable from your rejected item.
Can I Resubmit A Soft Rejected Item?
Yes. However, please re-submit your files, only after making the changes/updates required (as outlined in the email or comments in the Author Dashboard).
- Login to your Envato Account.
- From the Author Dashboard, click the 'Hidden Items' tab.
- Open the item by clicking on the item title.
- Click Edit, then Submit to update.
- Content Requirements
- Uploading Items to Envato Market
- Common Rejection Reasons for all Marketplaces
- CodeCanyon Common Rejection Factors (applicable for CodeCanyon authors only)