Summary: This article provides information on how to change your account level support settings, your item level support settings and author response time. At this stage, we expect that you have an item(s) for sale and have already reviewed our Item Support Best Practices to understand what support means and how it works.
By the end, you’ll be able to change your default support settings on your account, and also change individual items.
Account Level Support Settings
Follow these steps to change your account level support settings:
- Navigate to Profile > Settings > Item Support Settings.
- If you do not offer support, select Not Supported.
- If you do offer support, select how you offer support - eg. external URL, through item comments, via email.
- Select the author response time - eg. up to 2 business days.
- Below is an example of what customers will see.
Keeping your author response time up to date helps set better expectations for customers. It may decrease the dissatisfaction and subsequent poor ratings due to unreasonable expectations.
Item Level Support Settings
Supporting an item can also be changed on an item-by-item basis. E.g you may wish not to support a specific item and still provide support for all your other items.
- Once the account level support setting is set to supported, your default for new items will be Yes to supporting your item.
- If you don’t want to support an item; On the item upload page scroll down to Supporting your item section and select No.
- Navigate to Profile > Portfolio. Click edit on the item you are changing.
- Scroll down to Supporting your item and select Yes if you do support the item or select No if the item is not supported.
- Click Save.
A lot of the best selling items are supported. It makes for a better experience for buyers and we highly recommend it. It’s not for every author or every item though so read through the definition of support first to ensure you understand what is involved.