Summary: This article explains how you can offer multiple 3D items as packs to customers at a discounted rate. This offers customers the opportunity to purchase multiple items at a discounted rate. Here are the 2 types of packs and certain guidelines that file packs must adhere to.
- A Regular Pack is a pack of files that are related in nature. They cannot contain unrelated items.
For example, 5 different trees would be classed as a regular pack or 10 different trees would also be a regular pack.
- Regular Packs require a minimum of 3 items.
- The maximum submission size of a Regular Pack is 1GB.
Note: For submissions over 500MB, we recommend using our FTP Upload process.
- The price of a Regular Pack will be the total sum of each individual item in the pack, divided by two.
- If a pack contains items already available as individual items on 3DOcean, the description must contain a hyperlink to each individual item.
- Any file in a Regular Pack may be sold individually as well as in a pack, but once it is used in a pack, it cannot be used in a subsequent pack.
- A Theme Pack is a pack of files related by theme.
A street light, a store and a car are not the same type of object/item and could not be packed together as a Regular Pack, but for a City theme they are very much related, so they can be packed together as a Theme Pack.
- Authors are permitted to take items from their Theme Pack and sell them as a subsequent pack.
For example, if your Theme Pack is a city theme consisting of roads, buildings, people, and cars, you can take the 3 cars in the city pack and sell those cars as a separate Regular Pack.
- Pricing for Theme Packs is determined by the Quality Team.