This article contains metadata preparation requirements for the Sound Effects Bulk Submission service. If you have 500 or more Sound Effects items that you’d like to apply to have ingested through the bulk service, please fill out the expression of interest form.
For Sound Effects items uploaded through the Bulk Submission service, we have a specific set of Metadata Requirements to enable us to ingest all of the content.
The following fields are required to be supplied via CSV/XLSX file. Each row in the file is to represent a single item submission :
- Audio Preview Filename - please see this article for file preparation instructions
- Main File Filename - as above
- Item Title
- Title must be no longer than 100 characters in length. Any titles longer will be truncated to the first 100 characters.
- Item Title should ideally be unique - where there are multiple versions of a similar sound effect used, please look at sequential numbering of the files.
- Item Description (HTML Description)
- HTML or plain text allowed, no emojis
- Category - one of the following category options should be selected
- Game Sounds
- Cartoon Sounds
- Interface Sounds
- Transitions & Movement
- Buttons & Menus
- Nature Sounds
- Domestic Sounds
- Urban Sounds
- Industrial Sounds
- Futuristic Sounds
- Human Sounds
- Miscellaneous - please only use this category if not relevant to any of the above
- Track Length / Duration
- Please provide this in MM:SS format. For example, a file that runs for 1 minute and 20 seconds would be displayed as 01:20.
- Tags (Keywords) - please provide in comma separated format in the CSV
- Up to 30 keywords are allowed - ideally covering instruments, genre, mood, subject and contents.
- Maximum length of 100 characters for individual keywords.
- No accented characters, or special characters allowed (special characters include ! @ $ % & ( ) _ ).
- SFX (Single Use) License Price
- SFX (Multi-Use) License Price