Summary: Elements Authors now have access to downloadable earnings statements which outline all monies earned within a specific earnings period.
The earnings statements are split into two distinct downloadable documents:
The earnings statement outlines all ‘standard’ Envato Elements earnings including;
- Item Earnings
- Content Bonus Earnings
- Placeit Earnings (if your content is available on this platform)
Incentive earnings statement
The incentive earnings statement outlines all incentive earnings for a given time period. Incentive earnings are anything above and beyond your standard Envato Elements earnings including but not limited to;
- Content Challenges
- Promotions (e.g. Triple Rewards)
If you have not earned any incentive earnings for an earnings month, you will not have an incentive earnings statement for that month.
Understanding your earnings statements
At the top left of an earnings statement, your details will appear as per your tax information. The Envato Elements company details and ABN (Australian Business Number) will appear at the top right.
Within the body of the statement you will see the following columns:
- Description: This column outlines where the earnings are coming from e.g. Envato Elements Item Earnings or PlaceIt Earnings etc. Within the Incentive earnings statement, you will see descriptions such as Triple Rewards and Content Challenges.
- Earnings Month: This is the month that the earnings have been calculated. This is not the month that the monies will be paid out. This is because there is a necessary delay of up to two months to calculate revenue share.
- Gross Earnings: Your before-tax earnings. Earnings are in $USD.
Tax Withheld: The amount of tax withheld for the specific earnings period. Make sure you’ve got an updated tax form to ensure that you’re not withholding more tax than you should. The withholding taxes may be different from that on Envato Market, depending on your country. Please see our Help Center for more information.
How to download your earnings statements
From within the earnings tab of the Envato Author Dashboard, you will see the earnings statements section. First, select the statement you want to download from the drop-down menu and then click Download to generate a PDF.
Where can I go for more information?
Check out the Earnings Statements FAQs here.