Your title is the first thing a potential buyer sees, so it's important to be informative, concise and professional. Include the most relevant information only; a title made up of vague advertising buzzwords is less effective than one that is clear and descriptive.
These requirements should be read in conjunction with our help article; Guidelines for Titles, Descriptions and Tags.
- You must specify in your title if the item is a WordPress Theme or a HTML/Email/PSD Template or Template Kit.
- Unique item titles that are easy to remember are more effective in creating a brand. For newly published Items, you must include your brand name at the beginning of your item title
- For example “Avada” is the brand name and “Avada | Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme” is the full title.
Examples of Acceptable Titles:
- Revirta | Virtual Assistant WordPress Theme
- Lami | Recipe Blogging WordPress Theme
What’s Not OK:
- Do not spam your item title with keywords; either multiple keywords or the same words repeated more than once. This is known as keyword stuffing.
- Your item title must not be misleading to customers by replicating or impersonating another Envato or external item.
- Do not use the word “Pro” in your item title unless you have a lite version available on Wordpress.org. See the Exclusivity Policy for more information.
- Do not include subjective terms like brilliant, amazing, or best. These words describe your opinion rather than what the file actually is, and aren't helpful for potential buyers.
- Do not use any words or phrases in languages other than English.
- The only exception to this is for foreign expressions that are known to be used in English, for example “Carpe Diem - Wedding HTML Template” or “Bon Voyage - Travel WordPress Theme” would be acceptable.
Examples of Unacceptable Titles;
- Photography - Photo Theme for Photographers - This is keyword stuffing.
- Kapow | Karate, Ninja, Kickboxing, Sports HTML Template - This is keyword stuffing.
- Avaada | Responsive Theme - Misleading to customers by replicating or impersonating another Envato item.
- Revirta | The Best WordPress Theme - Use of subjective words in the Item Title.
- 和平与爱 | WordPress Theme - Use of a language other than English.
Remember that it is your responsibility to comply with the intellectual property rights of others. Please ensure that you have also read the article on Trademark Use and Real World Products Guidelines on the use of trademarks in your item titles.
Why do we have these guidelines?
These guidelines aim to create consistent titles and provide fair, accurate search results for your customers. They also aim to prevent any confusion arising from duplicate titles.
What happens if I break or ignore these guidelines?
We will contact you and give you an opportunity to correct the situation to avoid any potential disablement of your item(s) or worst-case scenario, your account.