This is Part Two of our Get Started Guide, which is all about exploring presentation and quality on Elements. Here, we will take you through top tips and insights to prepare your items effectively and what Quality on Elements really means.
Item Presentation Guidelines
Here’s a rundown of all the important areas of item presentation that we know makes a difference to customers and any extra details that may help along the way:
- Music titles are one of the most important components of your items. Concise, professional and accurate titles allow customers to discover your items and will lead to more downloads. Our UX research shows that track titles are often too long or too short or simplistic and this negatively affects a customer’s decision to either listen or download. Please review our latest article on how to create effective music titles here.
- Item Tags (Keywords) are a powerful tool for allowing customers to locate your items, but be mindful of over-tagging! Always remember that tags should always relate to your item and its possible uses. Check out all the tips and hints in our Item Tag Guidelines here.
- Waveforms are currently being redesigned to be more in line with Elements branding, so watch this space! That said, always keep the customer's experience in mind when applying watermarks, not too frequent, and not too loud please.
- Metadata attributes will be shown on Elements as they are on AudioJungle (excluding the ones that are not applicable, such as ratings and reviews) so, there is no extra preparation required to get your file ready!
- Item descriptions on Market will not need to be tweaked or updated for Elements as they will not be used on the Elements platform.
You can also find more extensive insights, examples around presentation in our latest Audio Trends Report on the Author Hub here.
Audio Pro Tip:
The most valuable thing you can offer a customer is their own time, so make
their search experience more efficient! If you have any track versions with
drawn out intros, consider including :15 & :30 sec excerpt versions that
make it clear what the main theme is all about and place those clips
first on the item preview!
Understanding Quality on Elements
So, now let’s get down to the question. What does quality mean on Envato Elements? Quality on Elements means being commercially viable, legally compliant and customer focused.
In order to do this, we have altered our approach to quality and integrity management with a smaller group of handpicked, talented authors, that we know can make their items shine on Elements and meet the strict quality standards of the platform.
This means that as an Elements author, you will need to lead your own quality and integrity checks using our guidelines, and ensure that you publish content that enhances the collection. As we’re sure you know, with high quality, comes high customer return.
This includes Quality Expectations such as:
- Ensuring you upload your best quality items. Items should be relevant to our target audience, work flawlessly and be highly useable for subscribers.
- Describing your items as best you can. Item titles, item tags and descriptions should be accurate, clear and compelling.
- Providing all applicable metadata attributes for a given item to assist subscribers in finding the right item for their needs.
- Providing comprehensive help documentation where appropriate to assist subscribers in the use of your item and make their experience an effortless one.
- Managing your library over time by removing items that were never downloaded, aren't popular or perhaps no longer on trend.
- Abiding by all legal requirements on Elements.
If any content is uploaded to the platform that compromises the integrity of the Elements collection, which inadvertently puts customers' work (or Envato) at risk, or fails to meet quality expectations, we'll have no choice but to remove those items, and provide guidance or resources to get the author back on track.
We certainly don’t want things to escalate to that point for anyone, so it is important to take the time to review our content requirements and understand the dynamics of Envato Elements.
We know that quality is more than just the technical and aesthetic characteristics of your items. Next, we’ll share with you some insights on the strategy of doing well on Envato Elements and the important legal requirements to understand going forward.