What is a Logo Template?
A Logo Template is a file that can be modified to have a custom name, tagline, and color scheme.
Logo Templates are distinct from regular logos. They are scalable source files that can be edited and used for various branding purposes from business cards to billboards.
Logo Templates are used in a variety of media, including printed documents and web designs.
Successful Logo Templates:
- Are scalable
- Have editable text.
- Are legible large and small
- Can be used for print and web
- Are easy to customise by the end user
Design Credit: Negative Space Icon Kit by Framestart
Tips for Designers:
- Avoid designs that convey a specific concept, general designs will appeal to a greater number of subscribers.
- Make sure that your template works well with a variety of names.
- Make sure the file is easy to customise. Subscribers appreciate files that are quick and easy to use.
- Refine and optimize the elements in your design. Fine details and text won’t print well. Errors and inconsistencies stand out when the logo is enlarged.
- Layers, swatches, and colour pallets should be well organised. Keep the layers unlocked. If possible, separate the elements into different layers.
Important: When you use a font and link to it in the item description and help file, be sure to choose a legal, reputable font site. System fonts do not need a link.
Graphic elements that represent a specific concept can prove to be challenging when adding a custom name. If a graphic element relies on the accompanying text to give the design context, it will not be suitable as a Logo Template.
The logo template must have a graphic element and a name (tagline is optional).
Important: Logos that are created using text only may not provide enough value for the subscriber and could be removed from the library.
Logo creation kits are useful when the design relies on a specific combination of letters. The file has a larger audience and the subscribers can select a letter combination that matches their needs.
Design Credit: Vintage Monogram Logo Kit, By Sztufi
Important: Monograms must be your own creation or made with assets you own the appropriate license for. Refer to clause 24 d & e of the Elements Author Agreement.
Uploading lots of individual monogram logos that are part of the same design family could breach the Elements library rules. This may result in items being removed from the library.
Layer Styles (.ai) and Appearances (.psd) allow the user to keep the look and feel of the design. We recommended that you include a help file if your design takes advantage of these features.
Design Credit: Dwarf Esports Logo by Suhandi