Before submitting items to the Graphics category on GraphicRiver, ensure that your item meets the requirements outlined in this article.
General Technical Requirements
Following are the general technical requirements for Graphics category submissions:
- Graphics file can be RGB or CMYK format. CMYK is preferable when a file is intended for print.
- PSD, JPEG and PNG are acceptable formats.
- Items in this category can include smart objects from Adobe Illustrator, but should not be completely made of files exported from Illustrator.
- Graphic items that are layered should be labelled in English, in an organized manner (using logical groups and layers).
- Ensure that fonts used in the item are correctly licensed, and are documented in the item description and inside a help file within the main .zip.
- No preview images or graphics that are not part of the product and thumbnails should be included in the archive.
- Files using CS5 and upwards (i.e those making use of new or upgraded features in Photoshop) should be clearly marked in the preview image and description.
Sub-Category Specific Requirements
Following are the background requirements for Backgrounds category submissions:
- Minimum of 1200 pixels at 72 DPI.
- Print version 300 DPI.
- Can not be unmodified photos.
Product mock-ups are items created to help designers demo designs and products. Following are the requirements for Product Mock-ups category submissions:
- Submissions should not include items that are meant to be used in any capacity other than a demonstration.
- Files should be easily editable.
- The file should make use of layer masks, smart objects, smart filters and non-destructive techniques.
- Smart objects are optional. The main focus should be non-destructive techniques, making a file as editable and customizable as possible.
- Masks must be executed technically and aesthetically to a high standard. They should be tested to ensure they work for the customer.
- Any layer masks or photo manipulation should be of good quality. The masking should be clean and sharp, where style appropriate.
- Viewing angles and perspectives must look realistic and visually correct.
Following are the requirements for Illustrations category submissions:
- Illustrations can be created in any medium, as long as the Zip you chose to upload includes a good quality, high resolution JPG or PNG file.
- The purpose of the illustration category is for rasterized art and drawings. We discourage the use of text in illustrations. If you must include text, do so with an included PSD or EPS file with the lettering on a separate layer to the picture.
Following are the requirements for Photo Templates category submissions:
- Template file must be in PSD file format.
- Template file must be made up of smart objects and layers.
- Template files must be made utilizing smart objects and filters.
Actions should not be included in these items as these are better suited to the Add-ons -> Photoshop category.
Following are the requirements for Decorative category submissions:
- Files should have transparent backgrounds or a separate layer.
- The individual elements need to be cut and isolated well for reuse. Edges should be clean and have no artifacting (like when using magic wand tool etc).
Following are the requirements for 3D Renders category submissions:
- Files should be 3D renders from Maya, 3DS Max, or Cinema 4D.
- A PSD file is a mandatory. JPEG files are optional.