The process for uploading your photos, whether to PhotoDune or to Envato Elements, is one and the same.
To upload your photos to Elements, log in through your Envato Market account and click on PhotoDune. Click on your username in the top right-hand corner of the browser and scroll down to Author Settings, then click upload.
Note: Uploading and publishing your photos on Elements is available via PhotoDune only.
There are two ways to upload your photos:
1. FTP uploader for large quantities and
2. the Web Uploader for small quantities.
1. FTP Uploader
The FTP Uploader is located below the Web Uploader and Daily Limits sections.
We recommend uploading in batches based on common release forms (eg. by photo shoot) so that the release forms attached are relevant to most or all of the images in the batch. All uploaded images are automatically linked to all the uploaded model releases.
Please Note: Before uploading, ensure that your IPTC/XMP data is correct, as it will automatically be extracted to form the title, description and tags.
- Open your FTP client and enter the following details.
- Host: ftp.marketplace.envato.com
- UserName: [your Envato Market username]
- Password: [your Envato Market API key]
- Port: 21
We recommend FileZilla’s FTP client and have documented the process using this third-party software. However, you may be more familiar with and are welcome to use an alternative FTP client.
Note: Your password is your API key which can be generated by:
- Going to https://photodune.net/user/YOUR_USERNAME/api_keys/edit or
- Visiting the API Keys under Your Details of the Settings page.
- Place your images in the /bulk_import/photos/ folder.
- Place model or property release forms in /bulk_import/photos/model_releases/.
- These release forms will be automatically attached to each image in the FTP upload.
- Release forms should be .JPG, .PNG or .PDF format, and should not be zipped.
- Wait for your files to process, and then close your FTP client.
- Navigate to your Envato Market Author Dashboard and click 'Upload'.
- Listed under the FTP Uploader window you should see "X Items Pending" which are now ready for processing (see screenshot below).
- Click the 'Process' button.
- Time for image processing varies depending on the number of images submitted and can take up to several hours for large portfolios.
- Once processed, images will be shown under one of two headings— Items Ready to Submit for Review, and Items Requiring Corrections.
- Select all your items that are ready to be submitted, and click 'Submit for Review'.
- Items that require corrections must be individually edited before they can be submitted for review.
2. Web Uploader
You may also upload small batches (<5) of your photos via the Web Uploader on the right-hand side of the page. All you need to do is click the Start Upload button. Before uploading, please ensure you've read PhotoDune's upload instructions.
Once you click Start Upload, this will lead you to the Upload an Image page, where you will need to enter in the image details and upload the file by clicking the Submit Image button.
When uploading, please familiarize yourself with the Upload Requirements and General Policies and PhotoDune Requirements at this stage of uploading. This highlights the important technical requirements needed in order to upload your photos successfully.
Once photos are uploaded, they are published on Market and Elements and should be available almost immediately (depending on the item file type and size).
Your uploaded photos can then be managed via the Photo Manager. Please see the How to Manage Photos on Elements article for more information about managing photos.
If you’re having problems with uploading, you can also read through this checklist, which will guide you through the steps to upload. If you do continue to experience problems, please contact support.