This page is a HUB. Jump into the article branches below for help with a specific topic.
As an Envato author, you must ensure that your WordPress Theme meets the requirements outlined in all the following articles:
- WordPress Theme Requirements Part 1 - General
- WordPress Requirements Part 2 - Features
- WordPress Requirements Part 3 - Theme Plugins
- WordPress Requirements Part 4 - Coding
- WordPress Requirements Part 5 - Theme Security
- WordPress Requirements Part 6 - Gutenberg
- If you are a Code author looking for more information on Wordpress Plugins to upload to a code category, please refer to the WordPress Plugin Requirements article.
- These requirements are designed to maintain a minimum standard of quality in WordPress themes distributed via Envato. Some exceptions may be allowed at the reviewer's discretion.
- These standards are applicable for Envato Market and Envato Elements
Watch this video where our Theme Specialist, Stephen, discusses top tips for submitting awesome WP Themes and getting past review, covering topics such as:
- What are we looking for? What does 'good' mean?
- How to best prepare your theme prior to submitting?
- What can you expect after you submit?
- How to deal with rejections & common rejection reasons