Summary: Please refer to the following guidelines before submitting Layers Style Kit items to ThemeForest.
Layers is a unique page/site builder & theme framework for WordPress. Style Kits are a set of settings, CSS, and demo content that make up a preset layout or “skin” that can be used with the Layers theme framework. Please also Read through the Style Kit Guide
- Style Kits must include JSON settings file(s), a CSS file, and an XML demo content file.
- Any images referenced within the XML demo file must also be hosted on a live demo server so that they are able to be imported automatically along with the rest of the demo content.
- Images and graphics files used by the Style Kit must be included in the item to allow users to upload the images manually if import via the xml and JSON files fails. All images should be free to distribute and meet the requirements for including assets.
- Multiple sets of JSON, CSS, and XML files may be included in the item as variations of the Style Kit (e.g. alternate layouts, color schemes, etc).
- The LayersWP theme should not be included in the child theme zip file. Instead a prominent link to the LayersWP download should be displayed in the Item Description and the documentation.
- Item must have the following at the top of their description to help buyers know that the item works with Layers:
<a href="http://enva.to/2Hhv8"><img src="http://all-marketplaces.s3.amazonaws.com/growth/layers/landing-badge-small.png"></a>
- All settings/preset files must be .JSON files exported from your Layers demo site.
- All global custom CSS styling must be saved in a single plain-text (.TXT) file named “css.txt”.
- Custom CSS must only contain changed properties and new additions, not copies of core stylesheets.
- Custom CSS must use waterfall formatting.
- Custom CSS must be linted to ensure well-structured and optimized CSS.
- Custom CSS must not require further editing of any image or font paths.
- Custom CSS should not contain advanced CSS such as:
- Layout hacks
- Hard-coded font sizing
- Anything else that might interfere with user’s font or widget choices and other standard Layers functionality
Note: Items with extensive custom CSS may be rejected and asked to be reconsidered as a child theme.
- All demo content must be .XML files exported from your Layers demo site named
“[name of your kit]-content.xml”.
- If your content includes demo posts, you must only use categories that are relevant to your Style Kit. Otherwise, they must belong to a single “Demo” category to ensure ease of customization and cleanup for end users.
- Make sure there are no tags under POSTS > TAGS.
- Make sure that Home, Portfolio, Shop, or Blog are not used as the page title for any pages that are not builder pages.
- Make sure you empty the trash on your posts and pages prior to export.
- You must organize your Style Kit files in a main folder as in the following example:
- Main Folder /
- images /
Written documentation is required to help buyers with installation, setup, and customization.
- Please refer to the ThemeForest General File Preparation Guidelines for instructions on how to format your help file(s).