Summary: This article outlines in general terms the steps to take to get an Audio item prepared for uploading.
Please note: Certain types of Audio items have specific requirements to sell the item on Envato. Please refer to the Technical Requirements under this theme category for more specific information related to your item type (ie. SFX, Logos Idents or Packs)
If you know what you need or want to skip ahead, you can find more information by clicking on the other sections below.
For more information regarding Performing Rights Organization (P.R.O.) affiliated authors and submitting P.R.O. registered music, please read this article.
For more information on submitting YouTube Content ID registered music, please read Registering your Music with Content ID.
1. Save Your Main File(s)
- All files must be 44.1 kHz 16-Bit stereo.
- Your file can be in WAV format and/or MP3 format.
- MP3 files must have a constant bit rate (CBR) of 320 kbps.
- If you are submitting a sequence of files or a pack, make sure they are appropriately named for clarity and include in your description a list of each file name with the corresponding duration.
File A: 0:03
File B: 0:07
File C: 0:02
File D: 0:05
For a Music Upload,
- You may include up to 5 variations on a single piece of music (including the main track).
- You may choose to upload the main track, a shorter loop version, an instrumental version and a logo version.
- You can specify the various lengths of your tracks when you upload your item to AudioJungle; there is a second text input field in the upload form, called “Additional Track Length”.
- You should not include exported stems from the main track (e.g. bassline only) as these are not considered variations.
- The maximum length for a music track is 10 minutes.
For A Sound Pack (multiple sounds),
- The maximum number of sounds you can add to a pack is 50 samples.
- Sounds do not have to be individually approved first.
- The total duration must not exceed 10 minutes.
- Total the duration of ALL your tracks in your Sound Pack, and enter the combined duration into the length field.
- For more detailed Sound instructions, see this Sound Requirements.
For A Music Pack (multiple songs),
- All tracks in a pack MUST already be existing AudioJungle items.
- Each pack must contain no more than 10 songs.
- The duration must not exceed 30 minutes.
- You cannot use the same track across multiple packs.
- Pack descriptions must include a list of each item contained in the pack, with hyperlinks corresponding to the existing items already on AudioJungle and the length of each respective item.
- Total the duration of ALL your tracks in your Music Pack, and enter the combined duration into the length field.
- Refer to Music Pack Requirements
For A Music Kit, please refer to the detailed instructions on how to create and submit your Music Kit correctly.
For a Logos/Idents Pack
- The maximum number of items you can add to a Logos & Ident Pack is 10 items.
- Logos/Idents Requirements
2. Check Your Assets
- Ensure that any samples, audio tracks or loops that are not your own work have been appropriately licensed for use in the file preview and/or main download.
- Failure to follow this rule may result in your file being removed or your account permanently disabled. You are legally responsible for the assets you use.
For more information:
Note: While AudioJungle does accept audio with vocal tracks, these must be in English, with little exception. More information on vocal submissions can be found here.
- Check that your item does not contain any malware or viruses.
- We take security very seriously, and may need to take action such as removing items or accounts and contacting affected customers if viruses or malicious software is found in your item.
3. Zip Up Your Files
- We require your main file and all assets that make up your main file to be contained within a ZIP folder.
Note: Your main file must not exceed 1GB in total size after it's been compressed.
4. Create Your Audio Preview
- Any submissions that are two seconds or longer must have the AudioJungle watermark added to the preview by the author.
- Make sure the watermark is loud enough to be audible, but not so loud that it is distracting.e
- It should also be heard every 10 seconds, and it must be heard in its original state, as it sounds when you download it.
- Do not edit the watermark in any way.
- If you are submitting a music file submission and have included variations, you must include any that are not direct excerpts from the main track in your preview .mp3.
- Variations that are direct cuts from the main track do not need to be heard separately on the preview .mp3.
5. Choose an Item Title
AudioJungle as a marketplace has seen the emergence of distinct title trends. There are two main types of Item Titles, and we will contrast the pros and cons for both kinds here. Then, we’ll lay out the general guidelines to adhere to when setting titles specifically for Audio items.
These are titles that one could expect to see as a book title, or the name of a song, for example.
A Walk in the Park
The Best Day Ever
Purple Shades of Pink
Pros: The most evident advantage of creative titles is that they allow the composer the artistic freedom to give their track a name that is more personalized to the music as a work of art.
Cons: However, while they can convey a sense of imagination or scenery, as the first two above do, they can also convey less meaningful imagery, as the third title above does, which oblige a listener to spend extra time searching, pressing play.
Descriptive titles are simple sets of descriptive words, usually adjectives or adverbs, that are used in sequence, instead of a creative title.
Epic Cinematic Dramatic Adventure
Fun Happy Upbeat Ukulele
Inspiration Motivational Piano
Pros: In many cases, these titles are very succinct and express an exact and specific mood or emotion that the track conveys. This allows a customer to immediately understand if this is an item they should to listen to, as they’re search for fitting music to pair with a visual project.
Cons: They can become very unoriginal, boring, and indistinct and prevent a work from attaining a better sense of uniqueness and distinction.
You can choose which style you like for your item, but there are some rules you need to adhere to;
1. Titles should be unique to each item. That means no two items may have a title that is exactly identical. However, series titles are allowed so long as the numbering makes them distinct.
2. Titles should be meaningful as read in English. That means no extreme gibberish, or words that make no sense whatsoever.
Examples of Titles that are not allowed:
Note however, that a word that is invented, but still manages to convey meaningfulness to the reader is generally acceptable.
Finally, names of places that are otherwise not necessarily understandable in English are allowed.
If you decide to choose such a title, you’re encouraged to include a note to the reviewer upon submission, to avoid misunderstandings or potential title changes or a request to do so.
Titles that are entered in a language other than english may be rejected as well. Unless there is a documented case of foreign expressions used in English, you should avoid using titles in any other language or characters.
C’est la Vie
Joie de Vivre
Persona Non Grata
3. No copyrighted or Trademarked names of movies, bands, artists, unique famous songs.
Please refer to the general article on Intellectual Property and Copyrights for more info on this topic.
If a film or book title is very unique and widely known culturally, it will be unacceptable as a title.
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
However If a film or book title is made up of common words, it would be seen as acceptable.
4. Descriptive titles lengths can be no more than relevant 4-5 words
Epic Dramatic Trailer
Epic Dramatic Inspirational Sci-Fi Hybrid Trailer Music
For non-descriptive, i.e. creative titles, phrases longer that 4-5 words would be acceptable, within reason.
The Day She Said I Do
This Cyber Killer Will Not Die
5. No Compound titles
This means that an item cannot receive both a creative and descriptive title in the same field.
The Calling - Dark Cinematic Mysterious
6. Don’t add the word “MUSIC”
If used as a redundantly descriptive noun, the word “music” should not be included in the title.
Epic Happy Christmas Music
Epic Amazing Trailer Music
Sentimental Romantic Music Inspirational Sci-Fi Hybrid Trailer Music
If however it’s used outside of a descriptive context, it’s acceptable in creative titles.
The Music of the Stars
Music for the Masses
7. Don’t duplicate words
Spamming your titles with duplicate words is not allowed. Repeating words or words with the same stem more than once is known as keyword stuffing.
It is not helpful to your customers, and does not add any value. Titles should be informative, concise and professional. Purposeful duplication of words in titles with intent to take advantage of Envato’s search algorithm will be seen as a violation of this policy.
Examples of unacceptable titles:
Hip-hop is Hip-hop
Jazz for Jazz
Epic Motivational is Corporate Motivational
1. Duplicate words are allowed in titles only when used in established phrases, which do not convey intent to exploit or influence search results.
Examples of acceptable titles:
Step by step
Home sweet home
Twinkle twinkle little star
2. Onomatopoeic words (words that are reminiscent of the sound they describe) are allowed to be duplicated in titles of sound effects, but only if they are commonly repeated as phrases.
Examples of acceptable titles:
8. Do not use obscenity
Obscene titles including swear words, alluding to narcotics, of a suggestive, sexual or inherently violent or offensive nature are not allowed.
For more information regarding title requirements for all marketplaces in general, click here.
6. Final Steps
Check that your preview, thumbnail, title, description, and tags follow our formatting standards. If included, put all supporting information into a single folder within the main zipped folder.
When uploading your file, ensure you select the relevant option in the Audio Files Included section:
If you don't do this, you may receive an error message saying Audio files must be set.