Summary: This article tells you how to optimise your Theme for the search results, by writing enticing key features and providing additional images for a customer to look through on the search page.
Some marketplaces enable authors to identify key features as part of the item creation process. In order to add Key Features, simply edit your item and add up to 3 Key Features to be displayed in the search results. You can highlight what makes your item unique or a key selling point. Here are some of the selling points that you can use:
- User features
- Technical features
- Who/what it’s for
- Amount of styles/demos
- Special pricing/discounts (within our guidelines)
- Included plugins
A 45 character limit per key feature applies to help customers scan through the search results quickly.
The following image shows how the Key Features would look on the search results and it is subject to change:
Key Features Guidelines
You must follow these guidelines while adding your key feature(s):
- Do Not treat the key features like tags and stuff them with keywords.
- Ensure that each line is unique. Do Not repeat the same feature more than once.
- Do Not use ALL CAPS or special characters.
Adding additional images to your items
You can add screenshots of your item and these images will be displayed on the search results pages.
- Navigate to Edit your item
- In the Item Attachments area, upload a new Theme Preview .zip file containing your images.
- The first image appears on the Item Page and search results must be 590x300 pixels and should follow the naming convention 01_<filename>.jpg.
- You can include additional images which show off your item.
- Additional images must be named in the order that you want them to appear, for example, 02_<filename>.jpg, 03_<filename>.jpg, 04_<filename>.jpg and so on.
- These images may be cropped when displayed on the search results page to the same aspect ratio as the main preview image.
- Images must be JPGs or PNGs.