Security precautions are a necessary part of any marketplace, and at Envato, we take account security very seriously. While the process of locking accounts can be frustrating, our aim is to protect you and provide a safe online experience for our community at large.
We recommend you to check the following before contacting us for support:
- Double check your payment method (whether it's PayPal or credit card). Depending on which method you're currently using, you'll want to contact them first to make sure it's not caused by their system, to begin with, as this might lead to duplicate behavior, and you being locked out repeatedly even after we've already unlocked the account.
- Please make sure you're not changing or sharing payment details with other people.
- If you are unhappy with something you’ve purchased, please contact us before opening a PayPal or credit card dispute. Any PayPal or credit card dispute will automatically result in your account being locked as a security precaution and this can take much longer to resolve than contacting us first.
If none of the above pointers helped, follow these steps outlined and we’ll get you on your way as quickly as possible:
- Get in touch with us ASAP via this link.
- Please make sure to select the correct category from the drop-down - My Account > My account is locked. We prioritise these tickets accordingly, and this will allow us to do so.
- Be sure to include your Envato Market username, and a brief description of what happened before you got locked out (e.g: "I tried to buy this item - the PayPal transaction went through, now I'm locked out!!!").
Following the above steps will not only allow us to react more swiftly but also to improve this process moving forward.
If you have opened up a dispute by the time you've read this, please drop us a line via the help form and we'll guide you from there.