Envato Elements offers a new approach to sell high-quality Photos that makes it available to subscribers (customers) via an ongoing subscription plan, whilst supplementing earnings with individual photo licenses sold on PhotoDune.
Authors to Envato Elements share in 50% of the net revenue from subscriptions. To be as fair as possible, we chose the “subscriber share” method to allocate this money to authors. This means that your earnings as an author are directly linked to the money collected from each individual subscriber. Read more about how subscriber share works in this article here.
To become a Photos Author on Elements, it all begins with a portfolio submission.
We need to get a sense of your style and creative point of view. To facilitate that we ask all prospective authors to submit a diverse portfolio of their best items for review. If approved, you’ll be invited to join our community of authors and can begin uploading your items.
For now, authors are being hand-picked by our content experts (in time we will open this up to inbound applications too). We are specifically looking for self-curated collections in line with the Commercial Demand Guide for Photos.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- A consistent and high-quality photo portfolio
- Significant initial volume and/or the ability to upload 50+ photos/month
- Authenticity: Natural light, real people & real expressions, fresh perspective, customizable.
If you believe your items meet the requirements, you can then submit your interest to become a Photos Author by Apply to Become an Elements Author.
If your portfolio is approved, your items will be made available for inclusion on Envato Elements.
Any other details I need to know?
- Items do not need to be exclusive to Envato Elements - you can choose to sell these assets in other places too if you so choose (unless you are already bound by other exclusivity agreements, such as on Envato Market).
- If you’re an exclusive author on Envato Market, participating on Envato Elements has no effect whatsoever on your exclusive status and author fees. Think of that exclusivity as being Envato-wide, so you’re free to be an author here too.
- Elements Author's' items reach a high-value audience of frequent and consistent buyers of digital assets and share in 50% of the total net revenue from subscribers. See Author earnings & revenue share model.
- License terms are available here: https://elements.envato.com/license-terms
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask our Author Help Team.