Item titles, descriptions, attributes and tags (see here for item tag (keyword) guidelines) are one of the most important components of your items.
Concise, professional and accurate titles allow subscribers to discover your items and will lead to more downloads.
Your title is the first thing subscribers see, it's important to be informative, accurate and professional when naming your item. Include the most relevant information only. A title made up of vague buzz words is less effective than one that is clear and descriptive. You can use trademarked names in your Item Description or Title if you're describing what your file actually is, see Can I use trademarked names in my items? for more information.
Tips and Hints
- Accurately describe the item
- Format your title in Title Case - Capitalize the first and last words, all principal words and any words longer than 3 letters.
- Must be no more than 50 characters including spaces
- English characters only
- Do not use ALL CAPS
- Do not use all lowercase
- Do not use subjective words like "amazing", "awesome", or "best". These words describe your opinion rather than what the file actually is.
- Do not include your username in the Item Title
- “Apple-like Design” – Do not describe what your item is similar to in its title, describe what it actually is. Please see our policy on Blacklisted Words.
- Do not include any other information that does not directly correlate with the item.
Your description must accurately describe your item, its technical and aesthetic qualities, requirements and limitations.
Tips and Hints
- Explain your item in clear, plain language.
- Make sure it's clear exactly what they receive in the main download.
- Include all relevant technical specifications and limitations of your item. For example, if you are selling a set of icons, are the icons individual files or do they all come on a single .PSD? Are the icon colors editable? Are vectors included as well? What dimensions are included?
- Your description must accurately describe all elements of your main file.
- If your preview includes any images, fonts or other assets not included in the main file you must note this.
- You're not allowed to include HTML or URL's in the description as this will not work.
- You're not allowed to include email addresses in the description
Please see Formatting the Description with Markdown for further information.